Ryan M. Schmisek
Ryan Schmisek is a partner at Krueger, Juelich & Schmisek, PLLC in Minnetonka, Minnesota.
Ryan focuses his practice on all areas of divorce, family law, and estate planning. He is experienced in the division of marital property and debts, child custody, parenting time, child support, orders for protection, the negotiation and preparation of divorce settlement agreements, estate planning, premarital agreements, and adoption.
Ryan has represented numerous military members, federal employees, including foreign service officers, and their spouses, and therefore has a unique knowledge of issues affecting these individuals, including division of retired pay, survivor benefits, and other issues specifically affecting these individuals. He has considerable experience with child custody matters interstate and international issues. While he understands that a negotiated settlement in family law cases is preferable, he also has extensive experience in bringing matters to trial.
Ryan spent more than a decade practicing law at a prestigious family law firm in the Virginia suburbs of Washington, DC. Since returning to Minnesota, Ryan has worked for a small family law firm in the western Twin Cities suburbs and a large firm in Minneapolis. He has written appellate briefs for the Minnesota Court of Appeals, the Virginia Court of Appeals, the Virginia Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court.
Ryan was recognized by SuperLawyers® Rising Stars list for six years and has been was included on the SuperLawyers® list for 2016 - 2021. He has also been designated by Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Ratings as "AV Preeminent®," the highest possible designation reflecting legal skills and ethics.
Ryan is member of the Minnesota State Bar, Virginia State Bar, Minnesota State Bar Association, Hennepin County Bar Association Family Law Section, Dakota County Bar Association Family Law Section, Richard T. Oakes Inns of Court, and Virginia Attorneys Abroad.
- Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Juris Doctorate
- Minnesota Super Lawyers List
- Minnesota Rising Stars List
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Ratings “AV Preeminent”
- Hennepin County Bar Association Family Law Section
- Dakota County Car Association Family Law Section
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar Association
- Virginia Attorneys Abroad
- Richard T. Oakes Inns of Court
- Family Law
- Divorce/ Dissolution
- Child Custody
- Parenting Time
- Parenting Plans
- Paternity and Never-Married Parents
- Child Support
- Spousal Maintenance (Alimony)
- Executive Compensation Issues
- Simple and Complex Property Division
- Non-Marital Tracing
- Antenuptial (Prenuptial) Agreements
- Post-Decree Issues
- Modifications of Orders
- Enforcement of Orders
- Limited-Scope Representation
- Advice-Only Consultations
- Estate Planning
- Revocable Trusts
- Disclaimer Trusts
- Health Care Directives
- Powers of Attorney
- Real Estate Transfers