and Committed Service
Sherri L. Krueger
Sherri L. Krueger is a partner at Krueger, Juelich & Schmisek, PLLC in Minnetonka, Minnesota.
Sherri's representation of her clients is family focused and based on practical problem-solving approaches to best position her clients for outcomes aligning with their interests and goals. Sherri is a strong and diligent advocate in negotiation and settlement as well as in court.
Whether the most significant issues facing her clients are related to children, financial interests, or both, Sherri understands the internal emotional and practical struggles facing her clients and their families. With respect and dedication, Sherri guides, coaches and advises her clients in creating, implementing, and following a course of action to manage each case and to respond to the unique dynamics arising throughout the matter.
Sherri believes that a family is still a family, even when living in two different homes. With this focus, she strives to help her clients achieve an outcome that focuses on the long-term impact, as well as the short-term impact the dispute will have on all family members.
As a Rule 114 Qualified Neutral, Sherri provides mediation in addition to representing clients in family law disputes. Sherri provides both facilitative and evaluative mediation with a special passion for helping families resolve custody and parenting time disputes. She is also trained to provide private Early Neutral Evaluations in both custody and parenting matters as well as for financial issues.
Sherri offers alternative representation options, including limited-scope representation and advice-only consultations. She understands that guidance and advice is essential to someone experiencing family law issues, and she encourages all parties to obtain information about their legal matters even if they determine to proceed as a self-represented party.
Sherri is actively involved with the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC), serving on the board for the Minnesota chapter. Sherri regularly volunteers her time to provide legal assistance for the legal self-help center and legal clinics in Scott County, the limited-scope representation program in Hennepin County, and the Ramsey County Volunteer Mediation program. While in law school, Sherri volunteered with Legal Assistance of Dakota County through the Minnesota Justice Foundation (MJF), serving as a student certified attorney in the area of Family Law. She continues to assist the community by volunteering at MJF legal clinics. Sherri participates in various training and mentoring events through William Mitchell College of Law.
Sherri was selected to the Minnesota Super Lawyers Rising Star list in 2011, 2012, and 2013, a designation given to no more than 2.5% of attorneys in the state. Sherri was selected to the Minnesota Super Lawyers list every year from 2014-2020. In 2013, Sherri received the MSBA North Star Lawyer Award for providing a minimum of 50 hours of pro bono legal service.
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Juris Doctorate
- Honors: cum laude
- Winona State University
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Minnesota Super Lawyers List, 2014-2020
- Minnesota Rising Stars List, 2011-2013
- Minnesota State Bar Association North Star Lawyer Award for pro bono services provided in 2012 and 2014
- Top 50: 2017 Women Minnesota Super Lawyers
- Lawyers of Distinction 2020
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts – Nation and Minnesota Chapters
- 8th District Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Family Law, and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Sections
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Member of Eden Prairie Chamber of Commerce
- Family Law
- Child Custody
- Parenting Time
- Parenting Plans
- Paternity and Never-Married Parents
- Child Support
- Spousal Maintenance (Alimony)
- Executive Compensation Issues
- Simple and Complex Property Division
- Non-Marital Tracing
- Antenuptial (Prenuptial) Agreements
- Post-Decree Issues
- Modifications of Orders
- Enforcement of Orders
- Limited-Scope Representation
- Advice-Only Consultations